Spinal Manipulation Level 1 November 16-17, 2024 Edinburgh
Spinal Manipulation Level 1 – November 16-17, 2024
Location: Edinburgh Academy Junior School – 10 Arboretum Rd, Edinburgh EH3 5PL – view map
Start Time : 8:30am Registration for 9:30am – 4:30pm (Subject to change – please book appropriate times for trains)
22 in stock
Payments made here are Deposits and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
OMT Training provides postgraduate training for qualified manual therapists, A minimum of a level 3 UK Sports Massage qualification or equivalent is required to attend
Read our FAQ’s for some terms and conditions.
This bespoke training course has been delivered and taught to therapists worldwide, with the OMT team, training prestigious organisations such as the medical teams at Liverpool FC and Manchester City FC.
All techniques covered in depth are routinely used by therapists such as, Osteopaths, Chiropractors and Physiotherapists and will allow you to add a whole new dimension to your current skill levels. Rest assured you will be confident from the moment you leave us to use all of the techniques.
Spinal manipulation has been proven to be highly effective in the treatment of many musculoskeletal conditions and is promoted by N.I.C.E the national
institute of clinical excellence for the treatment of lower back pain.
Download the N.I.C.E Clinical Guidelines
If you wish to attend and are unsure if your current level of qualification would be accepted, please give one of the team a call and we can give you a decision via email or over the phone.
Discover more about Manipulation Therapy Theory
OMT Training will introduce the participants of OMT Spinal Manipulation to the theoretical and practical principles of using Manipulation techniques within a clinical setting for the treatment of several musculoskeletal conditions.
This 2 Day Practical Training Course will give students the following:
- 16 hours of face-to-face teaching
- 16 hours of pre-reading information
- Total time 32 hours CPD
- Continued assessment throughout the course
- 30-45 mins written competency test for all students
- Safe, sound, and effective background in the use of OMT Spinal Manipulation
- OMT Spinal Manipulation will offer participants a fantastic new skill base which they can use within their clinical practice
- Discuss scientific evidence for the use of manipulation techniques
- Discuss current research for the use of Manipulation
- Relate the use of Manipulation to the treatment of acute and chronic pain and for several musculoskeletal conditions
- Give students a high level of safety, clinical competence, and overall confidence to use manipulation techniques
Spinal Manipulative techniques for the following spinal sections:
- Cervical Thoracic Junction (C7-T1)
- Thoracic Spine (T1-T12)
- Thoracic Lumbar Junction (T12-L1)
- Lumbar Spine (L1-S1)
Note – HVT to OA, AA, C1-C6, and SIJ are not covered over this 2 day spinal manipulation course.
- This course requires ALL students to receive and administer manipulation
- Students should NOT attend this course if there is any reason that prevents FULL participation
- This course is NOT suitable for participants who are pregnant
- Course handbooks will be provided, and the content of the handbook will be underpinned by a structured PowerPoint presentation by the lecturers
- Students will be expected to take extra notes regarding areas and techniques that will require more specific explanations or detailed clarification
- The handbook and PowerPoints are solely to be used as an aide memoire; the lecturers will adapt the content of the course depending on the student’s backgrounds or therapeutic discipline
- Students are ADVISED to refresh their knowledge of relevant anatomy and physiology before attending the course. If students fail to show the required level of knowledge they may be asked to leave the course