MEDICAL ACUPUNCTURE LEVEL 2
Dry Needling – for the treatment of muscular pain
COURSE PRICE: £399
- 2 days Face-To-Face Training
- Enhance your career cost-effectively with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and claim your hours.
- Includes a 12-month online Dry Needling Diploma Course valued at £99 with 55 techniques.
- Course content based on our internationally published book.
- Full Certification and access to full Insurance to practice.
- Suitable for Level 3 Sports Massage or equivalent and above.
Please visit our Terms and Conditions for further information or contact the team for any additional information or clarification.
OUR MEDICAL ACUPUNCTURE LEVEL 2 COURSES
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE CLICK ON A COURSE FROM THE LIST BELOW
This Advanced OMT Training CPD course is designed to introduce participants to the use of Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling) for the purpose of muscular pain relief. This course is not designed to treat pathological conditions as taught to TCM Acupuncturists.
OMT Advanced Acupuncture (Dry Needling) looks to build on the knowledge gained from OMT Medical Acupuncture course and other related dry needling and acupuncture courses you have completed. You will gain sound knowledge and skill to use all the techniques shown within your practice.
During day two, we will introduce you to Electro Acupuncture. We will introduce you to the equipment and show you best practise in the uses of electro acupuncture.
We will also go through the theory and then practical training in full electro acupuncture techniques for all the major joints of the body, from the stubborn shoulder to chronic back or knee pain.
Electro Acupuncture has been shown to be highly effective in the treatment of acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions.
You will be exposed to the latest needling techniques for areas that you treat in everyday practice and also gain high proficiency in the use of electro – acupuncture.
This Course will give students the following:
- Safe, sound and effective background knowledge in the use of OMT Advanced Medical Acupuncture
- Traditional Chinese Acupuncture will be referenced by the lecture team but these will not be the focus of the course
- OMT Advanced Acupuncture will challenge your “needling” skills
- Discuss scientific evidence for the use of acupuncture techniques shown
Discuss current research for acupuncture
- Relate the use of all techniques in an acute and chronic situation
- High levels of confidence to use all techniques shown immediately
OMT Advanced Acupuncture (Dry Needling) will cover:
- Cervical Pain and Headaches
- GlenoHumeral Pain – Including Rotator Cuff Muscles
- Elbow Pain
- Thumb Pain
- SIJ Pain
- Advanced Techniques for Hip, QL and Glutes
- Ankle and Foot – Including Plantar Fasciitis
- Acute Patient
- Glenohumeral Joint
- Elbow Joint
- Wrist Joint
- Lumbar Spine
- Knee Joint
- Ankle and Plantar Fascia
Course handbooks will be provided, and the content of the handbook will be underpinned by a structured PowerPoint presentation by the lecturers
Students will be expected to take extra notes regarding areas and techniques that will require more specific explanation or detailed clarification
The handbook and PowerPoints are solely to be used as an aide memoire; the lecturers will adapt the content of the course depending on the student’s backgrounds or therapeutic discipline
Students are ADVISED to refresh their knowledge of relevant anatomy and physiology prior to attending the course. If students fail to show the required level of knowledge they may be asked to leave the course
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Osteopaths / Student Osteopaths
- Physiotherapists / Student Physiotherapists
- Sports & Remedial Massage Therapists
- Sports Therapists / Student Sports Therapists
Please contact the team for any clarification on your eligibility or suitability to attend, students who do not hold qualifications within manual therapy are not eligible to attend.
The onus is on the student to ensure they have the relevant qualifications to attend, if you do not then OMT Training has the right to void any certification gained by misrepresentation.
Please be aware we may request proof of your current qualifications. This is completed on a random basis.
Dry Needling for Manual Therapists:
Points, Techniques and Treatments, Including Electroacupuncture
Designed to be a go-to reference for assessment and treatment planning in the clinic, this is a clear and concise handbook for students and practitioners of dry needling or medical acupuncture.
You will be learning the same techniques that OMT Training have taught to Liverpool FC, Manchester City FC, NHS, MK Dons and more.
Contact the Team
SPECIALIST OSTEOPATHS AND QUALIFIED LECTURERS.