Dry Needling - for the treatment of muscular pain
COURSE PRICE: from £300 - includes FREE book
Pay a deposit of £200 - balance on course attendance
For courses after 1st March 2020 payment is of the full course price
2020 COURSE DATES
Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling) involves inserting fine needles for a therapeutic effect. Overall, it is an adaptation of the Chinese method just using modern up-to-date knowledge of anatomy and physiology. Medical Acupuncturists no longer conform to the notion of Ying and Yang. However, we do aim to create homeostasis within the body.
Throughout this course, reference is made to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) as fundamentally the influence of Medical Acupuncture originates from this but TCM will not be taught.
OMT Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling) is designed for; Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Sports & Remedial Massage Therapists and any other soft tissue workers (please contact us for suitability if needed)
We will add a new skill of treatment to your highly skilled tool box. You will leave this OMT Training course with a great knowledge of Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling) and how it applies to your treatments.
Very useful course with enthusiastic tutors who are very helpful and patient, giving you the confidence to do well.
This OMT Training CPD Course is designed to introduce participants to the use of Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling) for the purpose of muscular pain relief. This course is not designed to treat pathological conditions as taught to TCM Acupuncturists.
The training will look at the most effective techniques taken from both Traditional Acupuncture and current Western Acupuncture, giving the students a sound background of knowledge and skill to fully use OMT Acupuncture techniques within their own practice.
This Course will give students the following:
- Safe, sound and effective background in the use of OMT Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling)
- Traditional Chinese Acupuncture will be referenced by the lecturer but these will not be taught in depth
- OMT Acupuncture will offer participants a fantastic new skill base with which they can use within their clinical practice
- Discuss scientific evidence for the use of Acupuncture techniques
- Discuss current research for the use of Acupuncture
- Relate the use of Acupuncture to the treatment of acute and chronic pain, and for a number of musculoskeletal conditions
- Give students a high level of safety, clinical competence and overall the confidence to use acupuncture techniques
- Course handbooks will be provided, and the content of the handbook will be underpinned by a structured PowerPoint presentation by the lecturers
- Students will be expected to take extra notes regarding areas and techniques that will require more specific explanation or detailed clarification
- The handbook and PowerPoints are solely to be used as an aide memoire; the lecturers will adapt the content of the course depending on the student's backgrounds or therapeutic discipline
- Students are ADVISED to refresh their knowledge of relevant anatomy and physiology prior to attending the course. If students fail to show the required level of knowledge they may be asked to leave the course
- Osteopaths / Student Osteopaths
- Physiotherapists / Student Physiotherapists
- Sports & Remedial Massage Therapists
- Sports Therapists / Student Sports Therapists
- Chiropractors / Student Chiropractors
- and other healthcare providers
Dry Needling for Manual Therapists:
Points, Techniques and Treatments, Including Electroacupuncture
by Giles Gyer, Jimmy Michael and Ben Tolson
£25.00 from Amazon
Designed to be a go-to reference for assessment and treatment planning in the clinic, this is a clear and concise handbook for students and practitioners of dry needling or medical acupuncture.
You will be learning the same techniques that OMT Training have taught to Liverpool FC, Manchester City FC, NHS, MK Dons and more.