MEDICAL ACUPUNCTURE & DRY NEEDLING
Dry Needling – for the treatment of muscular pain
COURSE PRICE: £399 (Inc. 12mth Continued Online Training )
- 2 days Face-To-Face Training
- Enhance your career cost-effectively with Continuing
Professional Development (CPD) and claim your hours.
- Includes a 12-month online Dry Needling Diploma Course
valued at £199 with 70 techniques.
- Course content based on our internationally published
- Full Certification and access to full Insurance to practice.
- Suitable for Level 3 Sports Massage or equivalent and
Please visit our Terms and Conditions for further information or contact the team for any additional information or clarification.
OUR MEDICAL ACUPUNCTURE LEVEL 1 COURSES
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE CLICK ON A COURSE FROM THE LIST BELOW
Medical Acupuncture Level 1 (Dry Needling) February 22-23, 2024£399.00
Medical Acupuncture Level 1 (Dry Needling) March 2-3, 2024£399.00
Medical Acupuncture Level 1 (Dry Needling) April 27-28, 2024£399.00
Medical Acupuncture Level 1 (Dry Needling) June 22-23, 2024£399.00
Medical Acupuncture Level 1 (Dry Needling) September 15-16, 2024£399.00
Medical Acupuncture Level 1 (Dry Needling) September 21-22, 2024£399.00
Throughout this course, reference is made to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) as fundamentally the influence of Medical Acupuncture originates from this but TCM will not be taught.
OMT Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling) is designed for; Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Sports & Remedial Massage Therapists and any other soft tissue workers (please contact us for suitability if needed)
We will add a new skill of treatment to your highly skilled tool box. You will leave this OMT Training course with a great knowledge of Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling) and how it applies to your treatments.
This OMT Training CPD Course is designed to introduce participants to the use of Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling) for the purpose of muscular pain relief. This course is not designed to treat pathological conditions as taught to TCM Acupuncturists.
The training will look at the most effective techniques taken from both Traditional Acupuncture and current Western Acupuncture, giving the students a sound background of knowledge and skill to fully use OMT Acupuncture techniques within their own practice.
This Course will give students the following:
- Safe, sound and effective background in the use of OMT Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling)
- Traditional Chinese Acupuncture will be referenced by the lecturer but these will not be taught in depth
- OMT Acupuncture will offer participants a fantastic new skill base with which they can use within their clinical practice
- Discuss scientific evidence for the use of Acupuncture techniques
- Discuss current research for the use of Acupuncture
- Relate the use of Acupuncture to the treatment of acute and chronic pain, and for a number of musculoskeletal conditions eg.
- CSP / Neck Techniques
- Upper back and Thoracic Techniques
- Shoulder and Upper Extremities
- LSP and Pelvis, Glutes and TFL
- Lower Extremity Techniques including Quads, Hamstrings, Calfs and Achillies.
- Give students a high level of safety, clinical competence and overall the confidence to use acupuncture techniques
- Course handbooks will be provided, and the content of the handbook will be underpinned by a structured PowerPoint presentation by the lecturers
- Students will be expected to take extra notes regarding areas and techniques that will require more specific explanation or detailed clarification
- The handbook and PowerPoints are solely to be used as an aide memoire; the lecturers will adapt the content of the course depending on the student’s backgrounds or therapeutic discipline
- Students are ADVISED to refresh their knowledge of relevant anatomy and physiology prior to attending the course. If students fail to show the required level of knowledge they may be asked to leave the course
- Students are required to do due diligence prior to attendance in relation to their suitability, qualifications, clinical restrictions or any local government requirements and can contact the team for information and advise.
- OMT Training is not responsible for any external governing bodies, external or international organisations rules or regulations and compliance as this is outside of our control and students are responsible to seek clarification directly prior to attending.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Osteopaths / Student Osteopaths
- Physiotherapists / Student Physiotherapists
- Sports & Remedial Massage Therapists
- Sports Therapists / Student Sports Therapists
- Chiropractors / Student Chiropractors
- and other healthcare providers
Please contact the team for any clarification on your eligibility or suitability to attend, students who do not hold qualifications within manual therapy are not eligible to attend.
The onus is on the student to ensure they have the relevant qualifications to attend, if you do not then OMT Training has the right to void any certification gained by misrepresentation.
Please be aware we may request proof of your current qualifications. This is completed on a random basis.
Dry Needling for Manual Therapists:
Points, Techniques and Treatments, Including Electroacupuncture
Designed to be a go-to reference for assessment and treatment planning in the clinic, this is a clear and concise handbook for students and practitioners of dry needling or medical acupuncture.
You will be learning the same techniques that OMT Training have taught to Liverpool FC, Manchester City FC, NHS, MK Dons and more.
Contact the Team
SPECIALIST OSTEOPATHS AND QUALIFIED LECTURERS.