SPINAL MANIPULATION LEVEL 1
For the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions
COURSE PRICE: £399 including access to the OMT Online Academy on London courses or where stated.
- 2 days Face-To-Face Training
- Enhance your career cost-effectively with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and claim your hours.
- Includes a 12-month online Spinal Manipulation Course valued at £169 with 56 techniques.
- Course content based on our internationally published book.
- Full Certification and access to full Insurance to practice.
- Suitable for Level 3 Sports Massage or equivalent and above.
Please visit our Terms and Conditions for further information or contact the team for any additional information or clarification.
OUR SPINAL MANIPULATION LEVEL 1 COURSES
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE CLICK ON A COURSE FROM THE LIST BELOW
Spinal Manipulation – Level 1 – April 25-26, 2024 – London£399.00
Spinal Manipulation – Level 1 – May 11-12, 2024 – Edinburgh£399.00
Spinal Manipulation – Level 1 – June 15-16, 2024 – London£399.00
Spinal Manipulation – Level 1 – September 13-14, 2024 – London£399.00
Spinal Manipulation – Level 1 – November 16-17, 2024 – Edinburgh£399.00
Spinal Manipulation – Level 1 – December 5-6, 2024 – London£399.00
This bespoke training course has been delivered and taught to therapists worldwide, with the OMT team, training prestigious organisations such as the medical teams at Liverpool FC and Manchester City FC.
All techniques covered in depth are routinely used by therapists such as, Osteopaths, Chiropractors and Physiotherapists and will allow you to add a whole new dimension to your current skill levels. Rest assured you will be confident from the moment you leave us to use all of the techniques.
Spinal manipulation has been proven to be highly effective in the treatment of many musculoskeletal conditions and is promoted by N.I.C.E the national
institute of clinical excellence for the treatment of lower back pain.
Download the N.I.C.E Clinical Guidelines
If you wish to attend and are unsure if your current level of qualification would be accepted, please give one of the team a call and we can give you a decision via email or over the phone.
Discover more about Manipulation Therapy Theory
OMT Training will introduce the participants of OMT Spinal Manipulation into the theoretical and practical principals of using Manipulation techniques within a clinical setting for the treatment of a number of musculoskeletal conditions.
This 2 Day Practical Training Course will give students the following:
- 16 hours of face to face teaching
- Online pre reading information with post course online learning access
- Total time 16 hours CPD
- Continued assessment throughout the course
- 30-45 mins written competency test for all students
- Safe, sound and effective background in the use of OMT Spinal Manipulation
- OMT Spinal Manipulation will offer participants a fantastic new skill base with which they can use within their clinical practice
- Discuss scientific evidence for the use of manipulation techniques
- Discuss current research for the use of Manipulation
- Relate the use of Manipulation to the treatment of acute and chronic pain, and for a number of musculoskeletal conditions
- Give students a high level of safety, clinical competence and overall the confidence to use manipulation techniques
Spinal Manipulative techniques for the following spinal sections:
- Cervical Thoracic Junction (C7-T1)
- Thoracic Spine (T1-T12)
- GH / AC / Ribs
- Thoracic Lumbar Junction (T12-L1)
- Lumbar Spine (L1-S1)
Note – HVT to OA, AA, C1-C6 and SIJ are not covered over this two day spinal manipulation course. Techniques for cervical mobilisation and articulation along with active and passive examination for the cervical spine will be covered.
- This course requires ALL students to receive and administer manipulation
- Students should NOT attend this course if there is any reason that prevents FULL participation
- This course is NOT suitable for participants who are pregnant
- Course handbooks will be provided, and the content of the handbook will be underpinned by a structured PowerPoint presentation by the lecturers
- Students will be expected to take extra notes regarding areas and techniques that will require more specific explanation or detailed clarification
- The handbook and PowerPoints are solely to be used as an aide memoire; the lecturers will adapt the content of the course depending on the student’s backgrounds or therapeutic discipline
- Students are ADVISED to refresh their knowledge of relevant anatomy and physiology prior to attending the course. If students fail to show the required level of knowledge they may be asked to leave the course
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- Osteopaths / Student Osteopaths
- Physiotherapists / Student Physiotherapists
- Sports & Remedial Massage Therapists
- Sports Therapists / Student Sports Therapists
- Chiropractors / Student Chiropractors
- and other healthcare providers
Please contact the team for any clarification on your eligibility or suitability to attend, students who do not hold qualifications within manual therapy are not eligible to attend.
The onus is on the student to ensure they have the relevant qualifications to attend, if you do not then OMT Training has the right to void any certification gained by misrepresentation.
CAN I GAIN INSURANCE?
In simple terms yes you can. As an Allied health professional (Physiotherapist, Osteopath or Chiropractor) these skills should be automatically added to your current insurance to practice with no additional cost, but please check with your insurer. Non-Allied health professionals such as Sports Therapists, Sports Massage Therapists and Manual Therapists from different backgrounds can still gain full public liability cover to use these techniques within their clinics. You may be required to take out an additional policy specifically for manipulative techniques and we work with a number of UK based insurers such as BGi.uk Insurance who can provide full cover (between £1million and £5million cover) for a minimum additional cost.
Please make sure you have read our Terms and Conditions.
Osteopathic and Chiropractic Techniques for Manual Therapists:
A Comprehensive Guide to Spinal and Peripheral Manipulations
The first book ever to bring together the best techniques from chiropractic and osteopathy, this easy-to-use guide is necessary reading for any manual therapist wishing to hone their skills, and discover related techniques that will enhance their practice.
You will be learning the same techniques that OMT Training have taught to Liverpool FC, Manchester City FC, NHS, MK Dons and more.
Contact the Team
SPECIALIST OSTEOPATHS AND QUALIFIED LECTURERS.