ADVANCED MEDICAL ACUPUNCTURE
Dry Needling - for the treatment of muscular pain
COURSE PRICE: from £300
Pay a deposit of £200 - balance on course attendance
For courses after 1st March 2020 payment is of the full course price
2019 COURSE DATES
This Advanced OMT Training CPD course is designed to introduce participants to the use of Medical Acupuncture (Dry Needling) for the purpose of muscular pain relief. This course is not designed to treat pathological conditions as taught to TCM Acupuncturists.
OMT Advanced Acupuncture (Dry Needling) looks to build on the knowledge gained from OMT Medical Acupuncture course and other related dry needling and acupuncture courses you have completed. You will gain sound knowledge and skill to use all the techniques shown within your practice.
During day two, we will introduce you to Electro Acupuncture. We will introduce you to the equipment and show you best practise in the uses of electro acupuncture.
We will also go through the theory and then practical training in full electro acupuncture techniques for all the major joints of the body, from the stubborn shoulder to chronic back or knee pain.
Electro Acupuncture has been shown to be highly effective in the treatment of acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions.
Really excellent teaching and communication. Guys you were amazing!
You will be exposed to the latest needling techniques for areas that you treat in everyday practice and also gain high proficiency in the use of electro - acupuncture.
This Course will give students the following:
- Safe, sound and effective background knowledge in the use of OMT Advanced Medical Acupuncture
- Traditional Chinese Acupuncture will be referenced by the lecture team but these will not be the focus of the course
- OMT Advanced Acupuncture will challenge your "needling" skills
- Discuss scientific evidence for the use of acupuncture techniques shown
- Discuss current research for acupuncture
- Relate the use of all techniques in an acute and chronic situation
- High levels of confidence to use all techniques shown immediately
OMT Advanced Acupuncture (Dry Needling) will cover:
- Cervical Pain and Headaches
- GlenoHumeral Pain - Including Rotator Cuff Muscles
- Elbow Pain
- Thumb Pain
- SIJ Pain
- Advanced Techniques for Hip, QL and Glutes
- Ankle and Foot - Including Plantar Fasciitis
- Acute Patient
- Glenohumeral Joint
- Elbow Joint
- Wrist Joint
- Lumbar Spine
- Knee Joint
- Ankle and Plantar Fascia
- Course handbooks will be provided, and the content of the handbook will be underpinned by a structured PowerPoint presentation by the lecturers
- Students will be expected to take extra notes regarding areas and techniques that will require more specific explanation or detailed clarification
- The handbook and PowerPoints are solely to be used as an aide memoire; the lecturers will adapt the content of the course depending on the student's backgrounds or therapeutic discipline
- Students are ADVISED to refresh their knowledge of relevant anatomy and physiology prior to attending the course. If students fail to show the required level of knowledge they may be asked to leave the course
- Osteopaths / Student Osteopaths
- Physiotherapists / Student Physiotherapists
- Sports & Remedial Massage Therapists
- Sports Therapists / Student Sports Therapists
Dry Needling for Manual Therapists:
Points, Techniques and Treatments, Including Electroacupuncture
by Giles Gyer, Jimmy Michael and Ben Tolson
£25.00 from Amazon
Designed to be a go-to reference for assessment and treatment planning in the clinic, this is a clear and concise handbook for students and practitioners of dry needling or medical acupuncture.
You will be learning the same techniques that OMT Training have taught to Liverpool FC, Manchester City FC, NHS, MK Dons and more