ADVANCED SPINAL MANIPULATION
For the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions
COURSE PRICE: from £300
(2019 Courses pay a deposit of £200 - balance on course attendance)
(2020 Courses pay the full course price)
2019 COURSE DATES
A 2 Day Workshop in advanced manipulative techniques for:
- OA, AA Thrust Techniques
- Cervical Spine Manipulation (C1-C7 / Grade V Techniques)
- Demonstrate a consolidation of existing knowledge and performance in pre-thrust spinal positioning for HVT thrust techniques
- Demonstrate a consolidation of existing knowledge and performance in the use of HVT thrust techniques for the spine, thorax, pelvis and peripheral manipulation techniques
- Describe and demonstrate minimal leverage, long and short lever techniques
OMT Advanced Spinal Manipulation is tailored to meet the needs of participants in addressing frequently encountered problems with the safe and effective delivery of specific HVT thrust techniques, it looks to build your existing knowledge within HVT spinal manipulation and developing and refining your current skill base.
All techniques will be taught with an emphasis on final minor adjustments using minimal force and short and long lever techniques. This bespoke training course has been delivered and taught to therapists worldwide, with the OMT team, training prestigious organisations such as the medical teams at Liverpool FC and Manchester City FC.
OMT Advanced Spinal Manipulation is aimed at therapists with previous experience and relevant qualifications within manipulative therapies, such as Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Sports Therapists we aim to take your skills up to the next level with this challenging and highly rewarding technique classes.
This course is a 2-Day (one weekend) introduction to OMT Advanced Spinal Manipulation.
- Anatomy and Physiology refreshed
- Cervical artery dissection (VBI) and upper cervical spine instability reviewed within best practice
- Safety, current research, appropriate clinical testing pre manipulation
- Patient screening
Techniques shown but not limited to:
- Cervical Spine - OA & AA
- Sacro Iliac Joint - SIJ
- Gleno - Humeral Joint - G/H
Clinical decision making and evidence informed medicine related to the use of HVT thrust techniques.
Benefits of HVT thrust techniques versus non-thrust techniques.
Identification of difficulties experienced in the application of HVT thrust techniques by participants.
Common problems, mistakes and issues within locking a joint, applying HVT to joints.
Patient comfort and positioning for effective technique.
Cervical Spine Manipulation.
Upper Cervical Spine: OA - AA.
Mid cervical and lower cervical spine thrust techniques.
Summary and Discussion.
- Osteopaths / Student Osteopaths
- Physiotherapists / Student Physiotherapists
- Sports & Remedial Massage Therapists
- Sports Therapists / Student Sports Therapists
- Chiropractors / Student Chiropractors
- and other healthcare providers
Osteopathic and Chiropractic Techniques for Manual Therapists:
A Comprehensive Guide to Spinal and Peripheral Manipulations
by Giles Gyer, Jimmy Michael and Ricky Davis
£29.99 from Amazon
The first book ever to bring together the best techniques from chiropractic and osteopathy, this easy-to-use guide is necessary reading for any manual therapist wishing to hone their skills, and discover related techniques that will enhance their practice.
You will be learning the same techniques that OMT Training have taught to Liverpool FC, Manchester City FC, NHS, MK Dons and more